Acceptable Usage Policy
This acceptable use policy governs your use of the services we provide (“Shared Hosting Services”). Your use of the Hosting Services means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms and conditions. opanhost.com may modify this Acceptable Use Policy at any time without notice.
General Acceptable Use Policy
This AUP governs the use of opanhost.com's hosting service. Violation of this AUP may result in suspension or termination of your service. In the event of a dispute between you and opanhost.com regarding the interpretation of this AUP, opanhost.com's interpretation, in its reasonable commercial judgment, shall govern.
The following is the entire Acceptable User Policy ("AUP") agreement between opanhost.com and the personal or corporate account holder. opanhost.com provides managed web hosting and domain name service. opanhost.com has certain legal and ethical responsibilities consisting with the use of its servers and equipment involved in these services. opanhost.com's general policy is to act as a provider of Internet presence. opanhost.com reserves the rights to suspend or cancel a customer's access to any or all services provided by opanhost.com when we decide that the account has been inappropriately used.
What is Appropriate Usage?
opanhost.com web hosting solution has specifically been designed to serve the web hosting needs of small and independently owned and operated businesses and organizations throughout the world. Since you will be hosting your website with several other clients on our servers in a virtual community, our offerings are really not intended to support enterprise level or large company requirements. For that, we recommend purchasing at least a virtual private server, cloud or dedicated server solution.
opanhost.com hosting is a shared web hosting service, which ultimately means a number of customers' websites are hosted within the same server environment. To ensure that our hosting is first-class, reliable, and available to all customers within that server community, an individual customer's website usage cannot adversely affect the performance of other customers' sites. We monitor our servers 24/7/365 and in no way can one customer adversely affect the performance of that server. If this happens, we will take preventative measures to ensure that the entire community is protected.
Lastly, our web hosting service is intended to host websites, not backup or storage facility for users' data. Using your web hosting account primarily as an online storage space for archiving electronic files and images is strictly prohibited. Our servers are for web hosting usage only.
- The Shared Hosting Services comprise the provision of web space on our servers to enable you to upload pages and files for the purpose of publishing websites.
- The Shared Hosting Services allow you ‘unlimited’ server space for normal routine “non-file-distribution” web usage. For websites that allow downloading of video, audio or other files we reserve the right to impose a bandwidth limit of fifty (50) gigabytes per calendar month.
- Non-file-distribution usage will remain unaffected by any limit imposed on downloading of video, audio or other files.
- In your use of the Shared Hosting Services (other than where you are using your own virtual private server), you may not publish or transmit via opanhost.com's service any content that opanhost.com reasonably believes:
- use more than 10% of our platform's processing capacity. There are numerous activities that could cause such problems, including (but not limited to) CGI scripts and intensive FTP, PHP or HTTP operations
- run stand-alone, unattended server-side processes or any daemons; including (but not limited to) IRCd
- run any type of web spider or indexer
- run any software that interfaces with an Internet Relay Chat network
- run any bit torrent application, tracker, or client. You may link to legal torrent files off-site, but may not host or store them on our servers
- participate in any file-sharing/peer-to-peer activities
- run any gaming servers
- run entries or other scheduled tasks other than by configuring them through our control panel
- operate a proxy website or service
- as a remote file host for other websites
- operate self-hosted file sync or similar “cloud storage” based services including (but not limited to) OwnCloud, Pydio and Sparkleshare.
Also opanhost.com does not accept material such as:
- IRC Scripts/Bots,
- Proxy Scripts/Anonymizers,
- Pirated Software/Warez,
- Image Hosting Scripts (similar to Photobucket or Tinypic),
- AutoSurf/PTC/PTS/PPC sites,
- IP Scanners, Web Scrapers,
- Bruteforce Programs/Scripts/Applications,
- Mail Bombers/Spam Scripts,
- Banner-Ad services (commercial banner ad rotation),
- File Dump/Mirror/Leech Scripts (similar to rapidshare,filesonic,megaupload),
- Commercial Audio and/or Video Streaming (more than three streams),
- Escrow/Bank Debentures,
- High-Yield Interest Programs (HYIP) or Related Sites,
- Investment Sites (FOREX, E-Gold Exchange,
- Second Life/Linden Exchange,
- Ponzi, MLM/Pyramid Scheme),
- Sale of any controlled substance without prior proof of appropriate permit(s),
- Prime Banks Programs,
- Lottery Sites,
- Hateful/Racist/Harassment oriented sites,
- Hacker focused sites/archives/programs,
- Sites promoting illegal activities,
- Forums and/or websites that distribute or link to warez/pirated/illegal content,
- Bank Debentures/Bank Debenture Trading Programs,
- Fraudulent Sites (Including, but not limited to sites listed at aa419.org & escrow-fraud.com),
- Mailer Pro Hacking
which includes, for example penetrating or attempting to access, without authorization, another computer or network. Port scans, stealth scans, and fraudulent credit card "phishing" techniques are also prohibited.
opanhost.com can terminate service for any of the above reasons and it's at opanhost.com's sole discretion to issue a refund.
- You must not use the Hosting Services as an offsite backup facility. Therefore, all files uploaded to our servers as part of your usage of the Hosting Services must be visible and accessible to the outside world (web-visible) unless they are needed to operate the website of which they form part; We reserve the right to delete files or directories that are not web-visible without giving notice to you.
- All pages of website stored on our servers as part of the Hosting Services will be available to search engines unless you take action to prevent this. If you wish to optimise your web pages for search engines you agree to use coding and techniques which comply fully with the guidelines issued by Google, Bing, Yahoo and other large search engines.
- MySQL Databases are limited to 1024 megabytes in size, when they reach this size we will notify you.
- If you are terminated and deactivate a resold web hosting account we will delete it after 50 days.
You may use the Hosting Services only for lawful purposes. You may not use the Hosting Services:
- creates a risk to a person's safety or health, creates a risk to public safety or health, compromises national security, or interferes with a investigation by law enforcement,
- clearly infringes on another person's trade or service mark, patent, or other property right,
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect
- is otherwise illegal or solicits conduct that is illegal under laws applicable to you or to opanhost.com,
- is excessively violent, incites violence, threatens violence, or contains harassing content or hate speech,
- is otherwise malicious, fraudulent, or may result in retaliation against opanhost.com by offended viewers
- is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction, including chain letters and pyramid schemes,
- is defamatory or violates a person's privacy,
- is intended to assist others in defeating technical copyright protections,
- improperly exposes trade secrets or other confidential or proprietary information of another person,
- promotes illegal drugs, violates export control laws, relates to illegal gambling, or illegal arms trafficking,
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards (see below)
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (also known as SPAM - see below)
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware
- These content standards apply to any and all material that you allow to be hosted through the Hosting Services and to any interactive services associated with it.
- You must comply with the spirit of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any Material as well as to its whole.
- Material must:
- be accurate (where they state facts)
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions)
- comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted
- Material must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory
- contain any material that is pornographic
- promote violence
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person
- be likely to deceive any person
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence
- promote any illegal activity
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse
Material Protected By Copyright
You may not publish, distribute, or otherwise copy in any manner any music, software, art, or other work protected by copyright law unless:
- you have been expressly authorized by the owner of the copyright for the work to copy the work in that manner.
- you are otherwise permitted by established United States copyright law to copy the work in that manner.
opanhost.com will terminate the service of repeat copyright infringers.
Zero Tolerance Spam Policy
- We take a zero tolerance stance against the sending of unsolicited email, bulk emailing and spam. We may terminate the account of any user who send out spam with or without notice
- Websites advertised as spam may not be hosted on our servers. This provision includes, but is not limited to, spam sent via fax, phone, postal mail, email, instant messaging or newsgroups. Any user account which results in our IP space being blacklisted will be immediately suspended and/or terminated.
- opanhost.com reserves the right to require changes or disable as necessary any website, account, database or component that does not comply with our policy
- opanhost.com reserves the right to charge the holder of the account used to send any unsolicited email, a clean-up fee or any charges incurred for blacklist removal at our sole discretion
Newsgroup, Chat Forums, Other Networks
You must comply with the rules and conventions for postings to any bulletin board, chat group or other forum in which you participate, such as IRC and USENET groups including their rules for content and commercial postings. These groups usually prohibit the posting of off-topic commercial messages, or mass postings to multiple forums.
Suspension and termination
- We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of the Hosting Services. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of the our terms and conditions of sale upon which you are permitted to use the Hosting Services, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Hosting Services
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Material (as defined in paragraph 5.1) uploaded to our servers
- issue of a warning to you
- issue of legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach
- further legal action against you
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary
You must take reasonable security precautions. You must protect the confidentiality of your password, and you should change your password periodically.
opanhost.com is under no duty, and does not by this AUP undertake a duty, to monitor or police our customers' activities and disclaims any responsibility for any misuse of the opanhost.com network.
Changes to our acceptable use policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you.